Economic Impact Study
In 2014, with funding from Blue Ridge National Heritage Partners, CuRvE commissioned an economic impact study.
The study concluded that in the near-term, development of the Cullowhee River Corridor will:
- Add $1.2 million of new spending in Jackson County annually;
- Support 16 new local jobs each year;
- Generate $145 thousand in annual tax revenues.
- In the long-term, estimates have the potential to be much greater.
- Other potential benefits and impacts:
- Improved health, fitness and wellness,
- Increase property values,
- Increase retention and attraction of residents, and
- Improved community cohesion.